No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Thu Jan 17 17:52:59 CET 2013

I know you guys have received tons of e-mail with the same title, but I
am just unable to fix this - sorry.

Today I setup freeradius on a fresh install OpenWRT router. I found some
tutorials, this one among them:
http://jackofallit.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/turn-a-60-120-router-into-an-enterprise-class-wireless-router-with-openwrt/
and started the configuration.
The "initial radius test" and the "initial wifi radius test" were
successful and I connected to the router. Later I did something wrong
and now I am getting:
: Info: +- entering group authorize {...}
: Info: [eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
: Info: ++[eap] returns noop
: Info: ++[files] returns noop
: Info: [pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
: Info: ++[pap] returns noop
: Info: ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request:
Rejecting the user
: Info: Failed to authenticate the user.

I have only modified: clients.conf and users.  I have also generated new
certificates (per tutorial) and maybe this is where the problem is?
I also edited eap.conf section:
	private_key_password = mypass
	private_key_file = ${certdir}/server.key

The service starts fine (radiusd -XX) but cannot authenticate even from
localhost.
I am not using LDAP / SQL or any other backend.
Please give me some ideas on how I can debug the error.

Thanks.