Help Needed !!! FreeRADIUS Integration with MS AD

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Jan 20 13:27:06 CET 2013

Hi,

http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html

>    II. Cisco switches needs to be the client

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html

find your switch model and the documents for it.

>    II. The accounting information should also contain the commands executed
>    in the Switch as well, Example  If a used called "test" login to the
>    switch and exexuted a command "Show config" that should be captured in the
>    accounting information.

Cisco switches. their RADIUS for such stuff is weak and usually non existant. use TACACS+

>    Do i need a DB like MySQL for accounting or AD LDAP DB will help in doing
>    so?

I'd advise using SQL for accounting records but its not necessary. a plain flat file will
do just as well in the beginning.

alan