problem with username renamed in radacct table

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 31 18:03:11 CET 2013

Hocine M wrote:
> My local configuration does not update the User-Name.

  Then as I said, the NAS is sending the User-Name.  Go fix the NAS.
This isn't a FreeRADIUS problem.

  If you don't want that entry in the SQL database, you can write a
FreeRADIUS policy to skip SQL for that User-Name.  See "man unlang" for
information.

> I noticed in detail file, username changed appear only in stop and
> Interim-Update accounting packet, and nothing in start  accounting packet.
> But in radacct table for the same username (renamed) the acctstarttime
> is filled.

  You've already said that.

> Is it possibe that the start accounting request is sent to another
> radius server?

  I have no idea.  It's your NAS.  Go look at the NAS configuration.