Using freeradius as proxy for EAP-SIM/EAP-AKA

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 1 16:34:13 CEST 2013

Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, it means it is only possible to have ONE
> radius server which does EAP SIM/EAP AKA authentication in the entire
> chain of connections ?

  No.

  It means that you don't KNOW it's EAP-SIM until after you decide to
proxy it.

> It's not possible for one proxy radius to send request to different EAP
> SIM/EAP AKA radius server (based on certain criteria) ?

  When you're proxying an EAP packet, the ONLY criteria you have is the
EAP identity.  You do NOT have the EAP type available.

> How about Linux LVS ? Will it able to split the EAP-SIM/EAP-AKA request
> to different (final) server based on certain criteria ?

  No.  Adding a virtual server is no different from adding another
machine on the network.  It won't make any difference.

  The issue is with the EAP protocol.  Not with the network stack.