[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Jul 12 00:24:44 CEST 2013

On 11 Jul 2013, at 22:39, Doug Hardie <bc979 at lafn.org> wrote:

> On 11 July 2013, at 06:09, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
>> We are now in feature freeze for 3.0. The configuration format and behaviour for 3.0 will be stable between now and the final release.
>>
>> If you are planning on deploying 3.0 and have an existing 2.x.x configuration you were planning to migrate when the 3.0 is released, now would be a good time to try that, and to report any issues or problematic behaviour changes you notice.
>
> I was not able to find a list of the changes between 2 and 3.

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/doc/ChangeLog

Or

https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-devel/2012-September/006985.html
https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2013-June/066846.html

>  I have possibly read somewhere that user modules which can be compiled separately from the base system in version 2, now must be compiled within version 3.  I wanted to check on this.

Bundled modules no longer have their own standalone make files if that's what you're referring to. But you're fine building your own modules outside of FreeRADIUS.

If you want to use the FreeRADIUS build framework, i.e. boilermake, then there's no support for specifying arbitrary paths to modules, so yes it'd have to be located within src/modules/.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team