2.2.0 & dhcp: regression

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 12 13:10:31 CEST 2013

Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> Forgot to mention that operating system's open files limit for freeradius is over 11000.
> And file descriptors are numbered starting from zero, so descriptor 1024 is really 1025th.
>
> radiusd works fine until it has descriptors 0-1023 only and breaks with creation
> of descriptor 1024: it stops calling perl routing post_auth and thus,
> processing of DHCP requests ceases.

  The server has no limits on the number of sockets it can use.  That is
all enforced by the OS.

  Or, maybe there's an issue with Perl.

  I would also check why you need 1000 threads.  That's a lot.  Maybe
it's that your Perl script is slow.  Or, your database is slow.

  I'd also suggest skipping syslog in Perl.  The server has a "linelog"
module, which can do logging to syslog.  Just put the log messages into
an attribute, and let the linelog module handle it.