Dynamic vlan assignment

Martin Kraus lists_mk at wujiman.net
Fri Jul 19 17:16:08 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 04:20:51PM +0200, Dario Palmisano wrote:
> > is this a 'fat/autonomous' AP? if so, then only latest firmware can handle
> >  multiple VLANS per 802.1X SSID with multiple BSSIDs present.
>
> This could be the problem, I found something in the Cisco documentation but
> was unsure the problem could be this. The accesspoint is running

If you have mbssid configured on the AP then user cannot be switched to a
different vlan than the one bound to the ssid this user is connected to.

Can you actually check if/how the users is associated on the AP?

show dot11 associations

shows the associated clients and

show dot11 associations <mac address>

shows the specific client detail information including the vlan.

mk