2.x.x and radtest: no IPv6?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jul 22 22:41:56 CEST 2013

Hi,

> My guess is dual-stack NAS->RADIUS is going to be rare.

ummm. take a hold on that assertion.  the joy of dual-stack deployment
is that you need to ensure your servers are ready on IPv4 and IPv6 -
and as part of that, you need to ensure that your using both methods
in case either your IPv4 goes...or your IPv6 goes.  we use both
IPv4 and IPv6 on our kit...and our servers are configured for both..as
are our NAS kit that can do IPv6 for RADIUS (we had some discussion
about the best fall-over order to use..which in itself is interesting)

my personal view is that network/sys admins who are avoiding IPv6 as much
as they can are just storing themselves up for a whole lot of pain later
when its forced onto them by internet evolution...embrace the IPv6 now
whilst you can do it in your own time. it not like you havent been
given over 15 years of advance notice ;-)

alan