WiMAX TLV value correct in debug but not correct in packet capture

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 31 15:06:15 CEST 2013

James Leavitt wrote:
> After some compiling and configuring, I've managed to get version 3.0.0
> up and running, and I seem to be having a similar issue:

  I don't see that on my systems.  radsniff, radclient, and pcap all
show that the WiMAX attributes are correct.

 Data:		1a  17  00 00 60 b5 1c 11 00 01 04 00 0e 02 04 00 0e 03
			06 00 00 00 0e
		1a  17  00 00 60 b5 1c 11 00 01 04 00 11 02 04 00 11 03
			06 00 00 00 11

  Please post a hex dump of the packets.  i.e. put this into the "users"
file:

bob	Cleartext-Password := "bob"
	WiMAX-Packet-Data-Flow-Id  := 14,
	WiMAX-Service-Data-Flow-Id := 14,
	WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id   := 14,
	WiMAX-Packet-Data-Flow-Id  += 17,
	WiMAX-Service-Data-Flow-Id += 17,
	WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id   += 17

  And run "radclient -xxxx <args>

  to do the test.  You will get a hex dump like I posted above.  It
should be identical.

  My guess is that you have FreeRADIUS using one WiMAX dictionary, and
radsniff, etc. using another.  Some vendors made their own,
incompatible, version of the WiMAX dictionaries.  Which is a stupid
idea, but that's what vendors do.