WiMAX TLV value correct in debug but not correct in packet capture

James Leavitt james.leavitt at corp.xplornet.com
Wed Jul 31 16:57:50 CEST 2013

HI Alan,

Still no dice. I've disabled the database and used the file as suggested
(which is something that I had yet to try, but as you recommended I've
done so). I have tried with and without the Session-Timeout and
Acct-Interim-Interval without any effect.

Here's the hex output (from the attached pcap):

1c 11 00 01 04 45 b7 02 04 cf b7 03 06 cf b7 01 00

1c 11 00 01 04 45 b7 02 04 d2 b7 03 06 d0 b7 00 00

And the debug snip (this is from a time I removed the other two
*working* values):

[ttls] Got tunneled reply code 2
        WiMAX-Packet-Data-Flow-Id := 14
        WiMAX-Service-Data-Flow-Id := 14
        WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id := 14
        WiMAX-Packet-Data-Flow-Id += 17
        WiMAX-Service-Data-Flow-Id += 17
        WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id += 17

Attached is a pcap of the transaction indicating the TLVs are not
consistent with the DB or the file. It has been consistent with
radsniff, although I use tcpdump / wireshark when comparing with the
working systems.

One thing to note is that I am using TTLS and copying the values to the
outer tunnel, are you performing the same in your test? I wonder if it's
a library somewhere on the OS that's making it go awry. I keep thinking
I've set something that would make this happen, but I cannot get over
the fact that other values are working fine.

Thanks,

James

--

James Leavitt