Changed Attributes

George Innocent ginnocentus2002 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 15:13:31 CEST 2013

Hi Experts

I have checked the dictionary files and the attributes which are in
existance; but i still get this error when i run debug mode.

/usr/local/etc/raddb/users[157]: Parse error (check) for entry
Alc-IPsec-Interface: Unknown attribute "" requires a hex string, not
"private_ipsec"
Errors reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/users
/usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/files[7]: Instantiation failed for module
"files"
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[170]: Failed to load module
"files".
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[69]: Errors parsing authorize
section.
root at Radius-pst:~#

The profile of my user is:

steve  Cleartext-Password := "testing"
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.1.2,
Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
Alc-IPsec-Interface = private_ipsec,
Alc-IPsec-SA-Lifetime = 1200,
Alc-IPsec-SA-Encr-Algorithm = aes128,
Alc-IPsec-SA-Auth-Algorithm = sha1

Rgds

On 24 June 2013 22:04, <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >    But when i comment the attributes the radtest is successful
>
> did you check my other statement:
>
> >      3) ensure that these attributes that you are using are in a
> dictionary
> >      file and that the dictionary file is being read by the server when
> it
> >      starts
>
> well?
>
> alan