[Help] - How To configure Radius timeout / count retries

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Mar 1 16:04:13 CET 2013

> "Or are you talking about failing over between upstream proxy servers?"
>
> Does this mean a setup of Radius load balancing? I mean a few Radius server that used by the same AP ? So from AP point of view i just need to point to the "master" Ip address of the first radius server?

No. That's talking about when you use FreeRADIUS to forward packets onto another RADIUS server.

FreeRADIUS cannot tell the Access Point about alternative RADIUS servers in the same cluster. It's not supported by the protocol.

You need to configure them manually on each Access Point.

If you want redundancy try using something like VRRP or Anycast.

-Arran