[Help] - How To configure Radius timeout / count retries

Danny Kurniawan danny.kurniawan at fairchildsemi.com
Fri Mar 1 08:30:10 CET 2013

Arran,

>* Let say for example in our Wireless AP (access point) we can put 2 Radius server in sequence, radiusA and radiusB. I know the AP will eventually look at the 1st server, and if its not available (let say server is down) then it will go to the 2nd radius server (I only assume this). *>* *>* So is there any way in Radius conf we can set the retries or timeout, so for example after failed for 2 times (no matter what is the error is) it will goes to the other radius server? *
You're asking whether you can configure FreeRADIUS to inform the
access point that it should fail over to another server server after a
given number of timeouts/retries?

Or are you talking about failing over between upstream proxy servers?

-Arran

"Or are you talking about failing over between upstream proxy servers?"

Does this mean a setup of Radius load balancing? I mean a few Radius server
that used by the same AP ? So from AP point of view i just need to point to
the "master" Ip address of the first radius server?

Thanks
Danny

--
Best Regards,