Release of Version 2.2.1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Mar 9 02:48:05 CET 2013

John Dennis wrote:
> Yes, one just came up. We've never been able to ship a devel package
> that installs the header files because of multilib conflicts. A multilib
> conflict occurs when arch specific packages (i.e. i686 vs. x86-64)
> contain arch independent files which differ between arches (i.e. header
> files). In other words the header files can't differ between i686 and
> x86-64.

  Hmm... OK.

> My recollection is there was just one or two issues that arose because
> configure generates a header file with a few defines specifying the size
> of an int or some such. This wiki page explains some of the issues.

  I'll take a look.

> Anyway, I just got a request to start shipping a -devel package, but
> it's much easier to make the necessary minor tweaks upstream to get rid
> of the conflicts. So it would be great if we could get this into the git
> repo before 2.2.1 goes out the door. I think the fix is fairly minor.

  It may be possible.

  Arran did a bunch of fixes for 3.0, so that the installed header files
now have *none* of the HAVE_* stuff.  That makes it much easier to
create development headers.

  I'm not sure how easy this is for 2.2.  I'd prefer to keep that code
as stable as possible.

> Since this just came up about 5 minutes ago I don't have all the details
> at hand or a patch yet, but I'll do that soon.

  Thanks.