How to use checkval

Danny Kurniawan danny.kurniawan at fairchildsemi.com
Fri Mar 15 00:52:06 CET 2013

Hi All,

Sorry for this beginner question again. I have read the wiki & i will need
some "hint" from any of you:
1. So which files that i need to download from
http://freeradius.org/download.html ? Version 2.2.0: tar.gz OR
Version 2.2.0: tar.bz2 ?
2. So after i download one of them just copy it here  : *
/usr/src/packages/SOURCES* ? Or i should extract the content?
3. So the spec files has to be removed from .tar file or just copy it out?
4. Which file that i should edit to include this --with-edir option during
configure ? I believe the usage of this is for radius to be able to like
check account lockedOut, account disabled etc?

Thanks a bunch
Danny

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> Danny Kurniawan wrote:
> > I have read some article about compiling our own rpm. I only concern
> > about the --edir integration.
>
>   Add that to the suse files.  Look for the script running "configure".
>
> > So is there any input for me whether after i upgrade using the rpm that
> > i build my self, can i still using it with edir? As i saw somewhere
> > article that said "make sure you used --edir option when install
> > freeradius that doesnt come with the OS"
>
>   You can edit the files in the suse directory.
>
> > Its just this is PROD server and I'm not really expert in Linux, so if
> > you / anyone else can give me a link or guide steps on how to upgrade
> > the free radius manually on my SLES 10 i will be very happy.
>
>   See the wiki.
>
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/building/Build
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -