How can I change proxy based on username?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 26 15:13:16 CET 2013

On 26/03/2013 12:50, John Horne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using Freeradius 2.1.10 I have been trying to see if I can proxy a
> request to a remote server but using a different User-Name attribute
> based on the original request User-Name attribute.

You can do this, but it might break things because you're using EAP.

What is the upstream proxy? If it's FreeRADIUS as well, it will
definitely break, as FR will detect the User-Name is not equal to the
EAP identity and assume something has gone wrong.

Can you explain why you want to do this? Obviously it's possible to
manipulate the packet in many ways, but your goal may be best
accomplished via a different route.