How can I change proxy based on username?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Mar 26 23:48:51 CET 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 14:08 +0100, Olivier Beytrison wrote:

> You could also use the preproxy_users which allow you to rewrite the
> request before it is proxied. It contains the exact example for your case.

Hello,

Many thanks for that, I had overlooked that file.

I am pleased to say that enabling the DEFAULT example in the file (and
correcting it slightly), it worked fine :-)

Debug output from radiusd showed that the format
'jbloggs at plymouth.ac.uk' was proxied with the realm NULL and using the
Stripped-User-Name attribute (which we set in the policy.conf file).
This is exactly what we wanted, and it didn't break EAP.

I also checked the other formats that we wanted to allow, and they all
worked fine too. I'll do further testing tomorrow, but it looks good.

John.

--
John Horne, Plymouth University, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001