acctsessiontime is always zero

Chris ch2009 at arcor.de
Thu May 9 09:02:29 CEST 2013

Hi Mike,

Now, I've compared the mySQL tables and started freeradius in debugging
mode.

When Coova Chilli is used, acctsessiontime is filled in the mySQL table.

When NTRadping Test Utility is used, acctstarttime and acctstoptime is
set correctly, but acctsessiontime is always zero in mySQL.

I've found a detail-log from a portmaster [1]. I didn't know, that the
NAS has to send the Acct-Session-Time with the stop-request (Newbie!).
When I set Acct-Session-Time in NTRadping Test Utility it's working as
expected.

Is it true, that Acct-Session-Time has to be set by NAS or is it
possible to calculate it by the difference between acctstarttime and
acctstoptime (and write it to mySQL)? Some counters are using
acctstarttime and acctstoptime directly and calculate the difference in
the SQL-query when checking if time is left.

Chris

[1] http://www.stat.ufl.edu/system/man/portmaster/RADIUS/guide/7account.html