Help with chap

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 20 15:00:52 CEST 2013

Franks Andy (RLZ) IT Systems Engineer wrote:
> Thanks Alan,
>   It takes literary a second or so for a single client auth, but
> problems arise with multiple clients. I'll reset a card on the switch
> and capture the logs and see what's happening. Nothing as far as I
> remember pointed towards the ntlm_auth being the issue, it was the
> failure to complete the eap transaction that seemed to be the problem,
> but then I didn't scan each and every line to be honest.

  See http://deployingradius.com/

  It has instructions for testing PEAP via eapol_test.  That lets you do
some limited performance checks.

  An alternative is to configure a static user/password.  Do performance
checks using that user.  If it's a lot faster than ntlm_auth, then the
problem is likely ntlm_auth.