FreeRADIUS + OpenLDAP for Wireless authentication

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 22 19:36:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I have configured FreeRADIUS to work with OpenLDAP. Created user in
> OpenLDAP. Radtest from localhost works perfect. But I can't connect
> from other devices (android phone, etc..). In logs I get:

how is the password stored in the LDAP?

what authentication methods (eg EAP type) are you using on those devices?

have you ensured that ldap is enabled in the inner-tunnel virtual server? - EAP methods
move into the inner-tunnel - and thus you need to ensure its configured!

radtest is just PAP....so only hits, by default, the default virtual server which
I suspect you've edited to get things working that far.

alan