can't find new custom module (shared library object file)

Bill Schoolfield bill at billmax.com
Thu Nov 7 06:07:54 CET 2013

On 11/6/2013 10:10 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Bill Schoolfield <bill at billmax.com
> <mailto:bill at billmax.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 11/6/2013 9:13 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>         Bill Schoolfield wrote:
>
>             I built a customized version of the rlm_detail module. It
>             was compiled
>             externally against a version of freeradius built from
>             source. The
>             version I'm using is 2.1.12 as this version matches that of the
>             installed YUM package for centos 6.x.
>

>             That sounds like the issue.  The process of building from source
>         doesn't always produce the same thing as buildign RPMs.
>

>     Yea I know, I built the source using, I think, the same or similar
>     configure args and took pains to build the same version as the one
>     in the distro.
>
>     I really prefer this approach though. The customer installs our rpm
>     and the FR rpm.
>

> So the custom module is in an RPM?

No. During our build we create the rlm_billmax.so file from the FR files
installed from (./configure..., gmake install of the FR tgz) and our
library.

> If yes, it should be easier for you to take latest RH's SRPM, then
> modify the SPEC file to add and compile your module, and then split it
> as a new package (e.g. freeradius-billmax). Then you distribute only the
> RPM for your module.

This is pretty different from our normal process, so I prefer to see if
I can get the other way working first.

>     Then if desired they can run a script to install the needed
>     integration files.
>
>     Nothing special about loading *.so files. We do it all the time so
>     this must be something simple to fix.
>

> Did you try:
> - ldd /usr/lib64/freeradius/rlm_billmax.so
> - verify that all other FR modules are also in the same place (i.e.
> /usr/lib64/freeradius) ?

Yes. The files are all in the same place and ldd doesn't show anything
missing.