can't find new custom module (shared library object file)

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Nov 7 05:10:57 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Bill Schoolfield <bill at billmax.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/2013 9:13 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>> Bill Schoolfield wrote:
>>
>>> I built a customized version of the rlm_detail module. It was compiled
>>> externally against a version of freeradius built from source. The
>>> version I'm using is 2.1.12 as this version matches that of the
>>> installed YUM package for centos 6.x.
>>>

>>    That sounds like the issue.  The process of building from source
>> doesn't always produce the same thing as buildign RPMs.
>>

> Yea I know, I built the source using, I think, the same or similar
> configure args and took pains to build the same version as the one in the
> distro.
>
> I really prefer this approach though. The customer installs our rpm and
> the FR rpm.

So the custom module is in an RPM?

If yes, it should be easier for you to take latest RH's SRPM, then modify
the SPEC file to add and compile your module, and then split it as a new
package (e.g. freeradius-billmax). Then you distribute only the RPM for
your module.

> Then if desired they can run a script to install the needed integration
> files.
>
> Nothing special about loading *.so files. We do it all the time so this
> must be something simple to fix.

Did you try:
- ldd /usr/lib64/freeradius/rlm_billmax.so
- verify that all other FR modules are also in the same place (i.e.
/usr/lib64/freeradius) ?

--
Fajar