can't find new custom module (shared library object file)

Bill Schoolfield bill at billmax.com
Thu Nov 7 04:30:28 CET 2013

On 11/6/2013 9:13 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Bill Schoolfield wrote:
>> I built a customized version of the rlm_detail module. It was compiled
>> externally against a version of freeradius built from source. The
>> version I'm using is 2.1.12 as this version matches that of the
>> installed YUM package for centos 6.x.
>
>    That sounds like the issue.  The process of building from source
> doesn't always produce the same thing as buildign RPMs.

Yea I know, I built the source using, I think, the same or similar
configure args and took pains to build the same version as the one in
the distro.

I really prefer this approach though. The customer installs our rpm and
the FR rpm. Then if desired they can run a script to install the needed
integration files.

Nothing special about loading *.so files. We do it all the time so this
must be something simple to fix.

I'll poke around the source to see if I can find out why...

Bill