chain certificate problem

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Nov 8 15:09:19 CET 2013

Hi,

> Thank you for your answer, but it doesn't work. I don't see where you can declarate this certificate.
> There is field CAfile, but it is related to the authentication of the client (EAP-TLS). Furthermore, if I use this field with all the certificates concatenated, freeradius complains it is not readable.

well, ensure that FreeRADIUS can READ that file (chmod/file permissions)
and ensure it contains only valid data.

ensure that certificate_file contains the server cert, the intermediates
and the root CA (in a format that can be read - eg PEM/CRT) and
DONT use CA_file

if the client doesnt know/trust the root CA then it SHOULD complain.

use a deployment tool to get the root CA onto the client..ensure
your client has correct security settings (trust the CA, check the
commonname of the RADIUS certificate)

alan