about framed protocol slip

armagan yaman yaman.armagan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 13:13:03 CEST 2013

User configuration that we are using currently with freeradius is commented
below.. we are not getting any errors with cisco devices that supports PPP.
But, Cisco 887 Vag device doesnt support PPP protocol at 3g interfaces. The
encapsulation protocol SLIP is supported with this device.

#User Definition
DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept, Calling-Station-Id == "905308555162"
                Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.10.1
                Framed-Protocol = PPP

# On no match, the user is denied access.

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Accept
Fall-Through = 1

DEFAULT Framed-Protocol == PPP
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

DEFAULT Hint == "CSLIP"
Framed-Protocol = SLIP,
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

DEFAULT Hint == "SLIP"
Framed-Protocol = SLIP

How should we define users for SLIP protocol with Cisco 887 Vag?