Building FreeRadius with custom LDAP libraries

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Thu Sep 12 10:25:30 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to use
http://www.packetfence.org/downloads/PacketFence/freeradius/freeradius-2.2.0-2.el6.src.rpm
to create custom FreeRadius RPMs for RHEL/CentOS 6.

The main aim is to add --with-dhcp compile option which is not included
in the standard build.

The secondary aim is to build using custom ldap libraries, because we
are using LTB OpenLDAP RPM packages
(http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap).

The libraries as installed by these RPM packages are in
/usr/local/openldap/lib64/ and /usr/local/openldap/include/

In the src.rpm I see:

    BuildRequires: openldap-devel

which I can change to:

    BuildRequires: openldap-ltb-debuginfo

but how can I define custom LDAP libraries?

Can I use something like:

export CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS} -I/usr/local/openldap/include"
export LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L/usr/local/openldap/lib64"

...as we do for building Dovecot, or

CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS} -I/usr/local/openldap/include"; export CXXFLAGS
LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L/usr/local/openldap/lib64 -lldap -llber
-R/usr/local/openldap/lib64"; export LDFLAGS

...as we do for building PowerDNS?

( We have found the above for other software after significant effort. I
hope it'll be easier with FreeRadius! :-) )

Please advise!

Thanks,
Nick