can not initiate sim, no RAND1 attribute [eap] ERROR - Default EAP type sim failed in initiate [eap]

ken.farrington ken.farrington at 802.co.uk
Mon Sep 23 13:56:56 CEST 2013

Hi Arran,

Im not sure if I have interpreted this right.  Are you agreeing with my
statement, that it is not needed or are you saying it is needed?   I seem to
recall I get an error when I put the sime_files in the default file.

Many thx indeed for the lightning fast response mate :)

Ken

> On 23 September 2013 at 12:49 Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org>
> wrote:
>

> On 23 Sep 2013, at 12:32, ken.farrington <ken.farrington at 802.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > I really do try to read the forums in full before I post, but I have seen
> > much out there on this, but just cant find out why this is happening.
> > Please see below.
> >
> > The only think I dont have is "sim_files" entry in the
> > sites-enabled/default, as I assume this is now covered in the radiusd.conf
> > file.
>
> No, it's not, that is a version 1.x.x configuration. You have to list it in
> sites-enabled/default before EAP for it to work.
>
> Honestly though you don't need the sim_files stuff as you can set the
> attributes required in the users file (files).
>
> -Arran
>
> Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org>
> FreeRADIUS Development Team

Ken Farrington
Director
CCIE #12651

802 Limited
International House, 221 Bow Road, London, E3 2SJ, United Kingdom
Direct: +44 (0)7500 802802
ken.farrington at 802.co.uk
http://www.802.co.uk

Disclaimer
This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of
this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it
and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error.
necessarily represent those of 802 Limited or any subsidiary company of 802
Limited. This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the 802
Group. All rights reserved. 802 Limited. Registered in the UK. Company Number.
7962864.