DHCP module and external DHCP relay

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 4 20:18:04 CEST 2014

Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> We do not use MySQL or SELECT FOR UPDATE.
> We use MS SQL and stored procedures there and when hundreds
> of simultaneous requests come from _distinct_ MAC addresses without
> using DHCP relays, then FreeRADIUS processes them instantly.

  That's good.

> But when DHCP relay stays in front of FreeRADIUS, request drops
> and bad queueing happen due to wrong assumptions in its code
> that looks for duplicates in the queue of requests.

  You've said that already.  How about providing some *evidence*, like
debug output?

> These assumptions
> are just fine for RADIUS protocol and they are fine for DHCP without relays
> but they are plain wrong when all DHCP requests come from single MAC address
> of DHCP relay.

  You've said that already.

  You've also said that there are bugs with 2.2.4, but you refuse to say
what those are.

  So... you're asking for help, but you're refusing to provide any
useful information.  That is rude and anti-social.

  I can't help you until you say something useful.