Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 108, Issue 20

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Apr 6 03:57:11 CEST 2014

Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> I observe memory corruption while using freeraidus-2.2.4 with perl/DBI/ODBC/freetds.
> Memory corruption occur while rlm_perl runs embedded perl and lead to coredumps.
> That is, I added some checks to freeradius C code and see
> that before execution jumps to the perl, memory structures of C code are fine
> but they are damaged on exiting from the perl to C again.

  *Which* C structures?  Knowing that would help.  Just saying "C
structures" is unhelpful, because all of FreeRADIUS uses C structures,
as does Perl.

> Then coredump is imminent then.

  Hmm... the rlm_perl changes from 2.2.0 to 2.2.4 are very small.
Mainly adding mutex locks around the perl clone calls.

  Please run valgrind on the 2.2.4 code.  e.g.

$ valgrind radiusd -f

  If there are any errors with the Perl code, please post them here.