radutmp and sradutmp modules

Matthew Ceroni matthewceroni at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 23:06:55 CEST 2014

Hi:

I am utilizing FreeRadius as an authentication server for a 802.1x
environment (wired and wireless). Everything is up and running great.

I recently enabled Accounting and turned on the radutmp and sradutmp files.
I am probably missing something simple but running radwho only shows the
last person to login. So if I sign onto the wireless or wired network,
authenticate successfully to the radius server and type radwho is shows me
as logged in. If another users signs on the output of radwho just shows
them (always a single line of output).

Is radwho meant to keep track of all currently signed in users? Or am I
missing something simple?

Thanks