Duplicate release of IP ?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 16 18:15:53 CEST 2014

adrian.sandu at asandu.eu wrote:
> I wish I wouldn't have a timeout though .. anyhow

  You don't need a Session-Timeout.  You *do* need a NAS which works.

> The only thing with "Access-Accept" in the radius.log file I see is the
> result of
> [sql]   expand: INSERT INTO radpostauth (username, pass, reply,
> authdate) VALUES ( '%{User-Name}',
> '%{%{User-Password}:-%{Chap-Password}}', '%{reply:Packet-Type}', '%S')

  No... that's not Access-Accept.  If you're running in debugging mode,
you'll see Access-Accept, followed by a series of attributes.  It should
be *very* obvious.

>>   Next, look for accounting packets for that user, which contain the IP.
>>  This means that the NAS has still marked the IP as active for the user.
>
> How would those look ?

  Look for the IP address.  If the NAS is sending accounting packets,
the IP will show up in the logs.

>>   Next, look for an accounting packet for that user which contains the
>> IP, and is "Acct-Status-Type = Stop".  If it appears, FreeRADIUS should
>> mark that IP as free.
>
> PPPoE radius # grep -i "Acct-Status-Type" radius.log
> Yells nothing .. for noone .. I might not have it enabled ?

  Then accounting isn't enabled.  Enable it on the NAS.