Upgrading FreeRadius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Aug 15 17:28:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

> To ensure I get the new features of v2.2.5 and the custom changes that were in place for v2.2.0, how would you suggest I go about the integration of the configuration files?

install the new version over the old, then look at your config files and see the differences.

your custom changes will still be there - and the new files will contain the new things

heres were you say that theold configs had all the stuff stripped out of them....at
which point I say 'then you've now got a bigger comparison job to do'

(why do people strip their configs bare? it doesnt slow the speed of the server
and means you lose visibilty of things you dont use....if you want to see
your config 'clean' then grab the initial output of radiusd -X or just

cat configfileyoucareabout | egrep -v "(^#|+.#|^$)"

;-)

alan

PS if you are building your own and over-riding a package version, then ensure you build your own with same arguments
as the packaged version (get its SPEC file and see what their ./configure arguments were etc)