Sourceforge and FreeRADIUS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 28 18:49:55 CEST 2014

  Someone released a "FreeRADIUS for Windows" on sourceforge.
Initially, he didn't include the source.  After some discussion, he put
up a copy of the "tar" file from an official release.

  That isn't good enough.  FreeRADIUS does not build or run under
Windows.  Any changes made to build on Windows MUST be released publicly.

  In addition, he seems to have added a demand for a serial number.
I've been getting a steady stream of questions from people asking how
they get a serial number for the software.  I've had to tell them
they've been cheated.

  All versions of FreeRADIUS will be free to download and use.  Always.
 Requiring a secondary license or user registration is not allowed.

  I've sent a DMCA notice to Sourceforge, and they've removed the
offending software.  It will not be allowed online until it is in
compliance with the GPLv2.