3.0.6: all good :-)

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Tue Dec 30 13:34:33 CET 2014

On 30-12-14 13:14, Anil Thapa wrote:
> Mon Jan 21 15:30:00 2013 : Proxy: Marking home server 10.1.1.1
> port 1812 as zombie (it looks like it is dead).
>
> and I know server 10.1.1.1 is not dead it is doing local auth normally. is there a difference in proxy.conf in version 3 ?
>
> Mine version 2 works well.

"Dead" in this context simply means it doesn't get a reaction from the
server. So even if the server is still doing local authentications, it
can still be considered dead by freeradius.
Does the traffic arrive at 10.1.1.1 (this can be checked with tools like
tcpdump), does 10.1.1.1 recognize freeradius as a radius client, with
the correct shared secret (which should be visible in the logs, but will
probably depend on the type of server 10.1.1.1 is)

--
Herwin Weststrate