Authentication fails. Used freeradius 2.2.5, coova-chilli 1.3.0 mysql

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 31 14:20:27 CET 2014

On Dec 31, 2014, at 5:50 AM, Krishnan V R <krishnanvr4u at gmail.com> wrote:
>     I am using freeradius version 2.2.5, coova-chilli version 1.3.0
> and mysql. The user login and password information were stored in the
> sql. The authentication fails for the valid user. The complete
> freeradius log is given below. Please help.

  (a) the password in the database is wrong

  (b) the user entered the wrong password

  (c) the RADIUS client isn’t doing CHAP correctly.

  Pick one.

  Try using “radclient” with the correct password, and CHAP.  If that works, then the problem is the RADIUS client.  It doesn’t work, then the password in the database is wrong.