realm and @ in username

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Thu Jan 2 21:11:40 CET 2014

Jonathan KHAT writes:
> I try to configure my proxy freeradius.
>
> The problem is that i have a "@" caracter in my username and i think that
> freeradi
> us interpret the realm after the @ caracter. But it's not the realm because i
> have a @ in the username.
>
> fr.wifimetropolis.com is my realm and alexandre.lai at idcware.com is my
> username. I would like send my requet in this format for exemple :
> fr.wifimetropolis.com/alexandre.lai at idcware.com but i test with radtest
> command, it's didn't work.

Do not run the "suffix" instance of rlm_realm then, only run the "prefix"
instance.

FWIW your realm format is not very sustainable going forward.  As you come
to integrate with other IDPs, they are very likely to use realms as per the
default rlm_realm "suffix" configuration.  If you must have stacks of AAA realms,
better to just stack them up as if they were subdomains and have the home server
know where to chop them based on the realms it honors.

--
Brian