Enable Perl module in combination with EAP/SIM module

Shurbann Martes shurbann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 07:10:57 CET 2014

Hi list,

Just wondering if there is a way to enable the Perl module to work without
changing the users files as described here
http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_perl.

This page describe that to enable the Perl module the users file needs to
be changed by adding the following line:

DEFAULT  Auth-Type = Perl
    Fall-Through = yes

In many places (http://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Auth%20Type) I'm reading
that it is not a good idea to intervene by setting the Auth-Type manually,
but still on the wiki page of rlm_perl this is being described as the way
to enable the Perl module to work.

Until now I've been using the Perl module alone to authenticate/authorize
and changing the users file works great. But now I need to combine EAP/SIM
module with Perl module. So when the message contains EAP/SIM attributes it
needs to authenticate using EAP module, else it needs to fallback to the
Perl one.

With the users script changed as described on the perl_module page the EAP
module won't work and if I don't change the users it will use EAP/SIM
module, but Perl module will fail. So intervening here looks like is
causing modules not to work properly

Which strategy needs one to follow when using the Perl script in
combination with EAP/SIM. Just want to be sure that I'm using the proper
way to enable the Perl module, without intervening in the Auth-Type.

Thanks you for your time. If you need me to add the default and the users
file, just let me know.

Regards,
Shurbann Martes