Core dump on start of FR3.0.1

Palmer J.D.F. J.D.F.Palmer at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 17:02:57 CET 2014

>   You look at /usr/lib (or where ever you installed the libraries), and ensure that
> there are no 3.0.0 libraries around.

Libraries are installed to /usr/local/lib
If I rename that directory and recreate it, then reinstall fr3.0.1 I get the same problem.

>   There is no "make uninstall" target.  Running it does nothing.  You need to
> administer the system yourself.

Odd, if I run make uninstall it definitely removes the radiusd executable , and if I strace it, it does plenty.

radiusd exists...
 [root at radauth3 freeradius-server-3.0.1]# which radiusd
/usr/local/sbin/radiusd

Run make uninstall
[root at radauth3 freeradius-server-3.0.1]# make uninstall

Radiusd doesn't exist...
[root at radauth3 freeradius-server-3.0.1]# which radiusd
/usr/bin/which: no radiusd in (/usr/local/pgsql/bin/:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
[root at radauth3 freeradius-server-3.0.1]# ls -lrat  /usr/local/sbin/radiusd
ls: cannot access /usr/local/sbin/radiusd: No such file or directory

>   If you install from packages, this is all handled for you.
I prefer to use source.

>   I'm going to put this problem down as a shared library conflict.  It's simple
> enough that if it was real, *everyone* would be seeing it.  And they don't.

I'll compile it on another machine which has had no FR previously.

Thanks,
Jezz.