Core dump on start of FR3.0.1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 20 16:27:18 CET 2014

Palmer J.D.F. wrote:           talloc_free(*q);
> (gdb) p*q
> $1 = 0x8 <Address 0x8 out of bounds>
> (gdb) p *q

  Hmm... that's very wrong.

> How would I go about checking this?

  You look at /usr/lib (or where ever you installed the libraries), and
ensure that there are no 3.0.0 libraries around.

> I have ran 'make uninstall' from both fr3.0.0 and fr3.0.1 source directories; then ran make install again from 3.0.1 but I still get a segfault.
> To confirm, if I then re-install fr3.0.0 it runs.

  There is no "make uninstall" target.  Running it does nothing.  You
need to administer the system yourself.

  If you install from packages, this is all handled for you.

  I'm going to put this problem down as a shared library conflict.  It's
simple enough that if it was real, *everyone* would be seeing it.  And
they don't.