Assigning users into different VLANs

Martin Hrabovský mhx147 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 12:18:47 CEST 2014

That's it! I need to log in even if I don' know user name nor password.

According documentation I should use DEFAULT.
"A cpecial user named "DEFAULT" matches on all usernames." - this is stated
in "users" file.

And why I want use "DEFAULT"? To move everyone who has no entry in users
file (so in this case everyone except mhx) into VLAN 52.

Is it possible to achieve this with FreeRADIUS?

> On 10-07-14 11:35, Martin Hrabovský wrote:
> > Here is what I catched in debug mode.
> >
> > While users file:
> > "mhx"    Cleartext-Password := "admin"
> >     Tunnel-Type = VLAN,
> >     Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
> >     Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 53,
> >     Tunnel-Preference = 0x000000
>
> "mhx" is the only user with a password. According to the debug log,
> you're trying to authenticate with user "admin". It cannot find an entry
> in the users file, which causes it to reject.
>
> --
> Herwin Weststrate

Martin Hrabovský
5ZP031