FreeRadius/NetMotion issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 15 03:41:26 CEST 2014

Levavi, Yariv wrote:
> I’ve made it work with EAP authentication and verify the configuration
> works.
>
> Then, I was asked to change the authentication to EAP-GTC (second
> authentication – Challenge/Response). I’ve made the necessary changes to
> eap.conf file (attached) but it seems that even though the FreeRadius is
> waiting for client’s response, I don’t get any login window in the
> client machine (only first login).

  Then the EAP supplicant isn't working.

> I just wonder whether it is FreeRadius configuration or NetMotion’s? Can
> you tell what is wrong?

 The supplicant stops talking to FreeRADIUS.  This is what the debug log
shows.  There is NO error in the debug log which says the user was
rejected or failed authentication.

  It's that simple.  If there's a "reject" or "fail" in the debug log,
FreeRADIUS is rejecting the user, and will also tell you why.

  In pretty much all other cases, some other participant in the protocol
is failing.  And NOT telling you why.