wildcard/regex Auth-Type in authenticate section

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jul 19 22:09:22 CEST 2014

Zenon Mousmoulas wrote:
> My understanding is that modules set Auth-Type in the authorize section
> and the server looks in the authenticate section for a matching
> sub-section. Different instances of rlm_eap set Auth-Type to their xlat
> name.

  The "instance" name.

> The question is: Other than adding an Auth-Type subsection for
> every such variation, is it possible to match them e.g. in a regex
> comparison? As far as I can tell, I can only use unlang within Auth-Type
> subsections and not directly in the authenticate section.

  There's no way to do a regex match like that.

  I don't see why you would want to, though.  The EAP module does
nothing in the "authorize" section.  It does all of its work in the
"authenticate" section.  So configuring multiple EAP modules and then
forcing them to use one instance for "authenticate" makes no sense.
Just configure one EAP module instead.