HP M200 certificate authentication fails

Gordon Cook gcook at ssmic.com
Fri Jul 25 16:04:31 CEST 2014

I apologize if I was not clear.  I am not trying to be difficult.

I had already gone through the website indicated in the response with no luck.

I will try to be a lot clearer.

I have a radius server running freebsd 9 and freeradius2 (radius1).  I used openssl on the server to generate certificates to be used in windows called cacert and cgc.

I then installed the certificates on all our windows laptops.  I am using laptop1 for testing

Originally I had a CISCO AP connected to the radius server and everything works. (wireless_ap1)

We needed to upgrade our wireless and purchased an HP AP. (wireless_ap2)

So

Laptop1 <---------> wireless_ap1 <-----------> radius1     this works using the above certificates
Laptop1 <---------> wireless_ap2 <-----------> radius1     this does not work using the above certificates
Laptop1 <---------> wireless_ap2 <-----------> radius1     using EAP-TLS and PAP works.

This is where I am confused.  If it is the supplicant why would it work with wireless_ap1 and not wireless_ap2 using the same settings and credentials.  This is what leads me to believe that the HP is doing something different with the packets than the the CISCO is and there is a setting in one of the config files on the radius server that needs to set or adjusted to handle the difference.

I am currently running the eaphost trace again to see if there is something I missed.

I hope this makes more sense.

Gordon Cook
Network Administrator
Sault Ste Marie Innovation Centre