Some inconsistencies concerning OpenSSL include configuration in FRS 3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jul 27 23:26:37 CEST 2014

Dr. Andreas Rieke wrote:
> I am quite sure that FRS compiles without problems on many other systems, but in those cases, the compiler takes the OpenSSL header files from the system and not from the specified directories - on my machine, I have removed the openssl-devel RPM package (CentOS), and thus, I get that failure. However, maybe the failure is better than a wrong header file...
>
> When I pass 'CPPFLAGS="-I /opt/openssl/include"' to the main configure script, the problems are solved for the headers - as an example, ec.h is found immediately. However, FRS still uses the system libraries :-(

  The issue is that the CPPFLAGS are *supposed* to be passed from the
main configure script to the lower-level ones.

  Hmm... what happens if you edit the top-level "configure" script?

- go to the bottom, and then look backwards for "werror"

- you should see:

if test "x$werror" == "xyes"; then
  CFLAGS="-Werror $CFLAGS"
fi

- after that block, add:

export CPPFLAGS CFLAGS LDFLAGS

- then re-run configure

  That should hopefully fix it.  If so, I'll commit a patch.