control-socket bug in the last one v3.x updates?

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 13:28:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am using the git versions of 3.x, and I *think* that maybe for a month,
there has been a bug that prevents freeradius to boot it in Debian 7 if
control-socket is configured.

I have tried this with a copy of my configuration, and with a pristine copy
of freeradius, which only got inserted the link to activate control socket
into sites-enabled.

Without control-socket all is well:

without control socket:

root at x:/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled# /etc/init.d/freeradius start

[ ok ] Starting FreeRADIUS daemon: freeradius.

root at x:/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled#

The errors are:

root at x:/home/rui# /etc/init.d/freeradius start

[FAIL] Starting FreeRADIUS daemon: freeradius failed!

root at x:/home/rui# /etc/init.d/freeradius restart

[....] Checking FreeRADIUS daemon configuration...Trace/breakpoint trap

failed (Debugger detected, raising SIGTRAP).

#freeradius -X

radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####

listen {

  type = "control"

 listen {

  socket = "/var/run/freeradius/freeradius.sock"

 }

/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/control-socket[23]: No such server "(null)"

Debugger detected, raising SIGTRAP

Trace/breakpoint trap

In /var/log/freeradius/radius.log, I only have:

Mon Jul 28 12:13:35 2014 : Error:
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/control-socket[23]: No such server "(null)"

Regards,
Rui Ribeiro
ISCTE-IUL sysadmin