Installation freeradius server failed

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jun 9 11:45:36 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Muhammad Hasan <muhhasan.1311 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Fajar,
>
> yes my original message do not use debian/rules, because I think I didn't
> edit file eapsimlib.c again on freeradius-server 2.2.5 than
> freeradius-server 2.2.0

debian/rules is what's actually building the package. If you do NOT run
that (or "dpkg-buildpackage -b"), then you haven't built any package.

Which probably means you downloaded the debs from somewhere else (a package
built for debian, perhaps?) which should explain the openssl error.

> I just trying it'll make a different or not, but the result is still not
> same that I hope.
>
> and sorry for my mistake, this is the right result
> this is result when I type ​Freeradius -X
> Unable to open file "/etc/freeradius/sql/mysql/ippool-dhcp.conf": No such
> file or directory
> Errors reading or parsing /etc/feeradius/radius.conf
>
> I was type by myself after I seen the result.

copy-pasting is safer, and would save lots of problems later on.
IIRC the "ippool-dhcp.conf" error was due to a default config bug, which
puts it enabled by default but put the file in another package. You could
probably just install freeradius-mysql (the one that you built, v2.2.0) to
fix that error. Or just comment out dhcp-related settings from radiusd.conf
manually.

> I'm sorry for your advice about trying, I didn't read before.

Reading and following the advice given is the basics to solving a problem.

> You probably download a prebuilt package (deb) belonging to another
> distro/version, not the one you actually compile. If you just want to use
> FR-2.2.5 on ubuntu, try https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/stable
>
> ​I want to use the package that was uploaded on that web,
> but I want to ask first,
> the file freeradius_2.2.5.orig.tar.bz2
> <https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/stable/+files/freeradius_2.2.5.orig.tar.bz2>  is
> same as with freeradius-server-2.2.5.tar.gz ?

It should be, but to be honest I didn't remember whether I used the
official tarball, or clone from 2.2.5-git tag.
Note that if you ONLY want to use a prebuilt package, it shouldn't matter,
as you won't be downloading that file anyway.

> ​Sorry I am really beginner using freeradius.

Do you know how to use a ppa? If not, you might want to read
-
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/CommandLine#Adding_Launchpad_PPA_Repositories
- http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/how-to-use-launchpad-ppa-add-remove.html

Something like

add-apt-repository ppa:freeradius/stable
apt-get update
apt-get install freeradius

( and if for whatever reason later you want to remove all traces of
packages from that ppa )

ppa-purge ppa:freeradius/stable

--
Fajar