Performance - was Re: LDAP Groups to Freeradius and then Ruckus Wireless?

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Tue Jun 10 14:48:13 CEST 2014

3500 authentications is what some setups have to handle in like 20 seconds :)

That said, databases are almost always the bottleneck when measuring capacity.

FreeRADIUS memory usage seem really negligible (at least when some dumb user does not add a memory leak... duh).
CPU usage can be quite intensive when handling heavy load. Still, that's not an issue, and it's laughably low compared to performance tests played on apache HTTP servers (for instance).