Issues with building Freeradius on CentOS 6.5: need rlm_cache

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Jun 13 12:24:32 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Stefan Paetow <Stefan.Paetow at ja.net> wrote:

> > > So, I started looking on how to build from source...and I found one;
> great news I thought!!
> > > I thought this would save the day, but there are broken links for
> 3.0.0 and I am running into major issues;
> > > There are spec files for RHEL bundled with the source, chances are you
> can just use those...
> > Didn't seem to work, like I mentioned below. Wasted a lot of time trying
> to go down that route.
>
> When you say "didn't seem to work", what exactly do you mean? Didn't build
> or didn't work when you installed the resulting packages?

I think he means that the bundled spec in 2.2.5 and 3.0.3 produced an error
when you run rpmbuild. Which is true (due to addition of some config files
and/or modules, IIRC). The fix is already in git. The packages on opensuse
build service already contain that particular packaging fix.

If anyone is interested to build their own packages, then can do so by
replacing the spec file manually:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/redhat/freeradius.spec
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v2.x.x/redhat/freeradius.spec

--