Client is using MSCHAPv2 for %s, we need NT-Password

Matthew Berry matthew.william.berry at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 23:50:15 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 6:21 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

>   If you read the source code, you'll see it DOES indicate it has an
> NT-Password.  But only when it has one.

"Found NT-Password" appears if and only if the NT-Password attribute
is present, but the last part of that if/elseif/else deals with the
case where an NT-Password is calculated from a clear-text password. In
that branch, no message is produced.

>   That's not what the debug output said.
>   And the debug output shows "Found NT-Password", which wasn't there before.

I have not posted any output in this thread. This thread is completely
separate from the other thread I started. That thread was using the
older 2.1 version of freeradius that is in the Ubuntu repos, whereas
this thread is using the 2.x branch from github.

-Matt