pam module / freeradius permissions

Michael L. Sheinberg msheiny at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 6 16:07:54 CET 2014

Yes - apologies for the confusion, I was referring to rlm_pam. Thanks Alan. I
realize this isn't really an issue with freeradius and appreciate your advice.

Just to clarify, I was messing with the pam-google-authenticator module
which needed root permissions to change userid/groupid to read
authenticator files out of user's home directories. Turns out you can
specify userid in the pam options (with user=) but not group and it
caused errors.

I ended up editing the source code to ignore the group issue
and pointed to a location where the radiusd user has permissions to read
those authenticator files. Not sure if I missed another way around this
but thats what ended up working for me.

Thanks again!

--
--Mike